These were originally meant to be Christmas pants. I started them before Christmas (I started a big pair for Denny and I too) but never got them finished. This week, I was cleaning out my craft room which had become overrun with random Christmas decorations and gift wrap and saw the pants sitting by my sewing machine. I was so close to finishing them....I needed to finish the hem and put in the elastic. That was all. Silly me. So, I sat down and finished them and was quite happy that I'd picked out. wintery fabric instead of Christmasy fabric. The pants fit Dylan so well and I left extra elastic in the waste and about 4 inches in the hem so that they should last for a couple of years.
I found the instructions for making your own pajama bottoms on Instructables.com. The directions were easy to follow and I didn't need a pattern...I made my own based on a pair of pants that we already had for Dylan (and I did the same for us big people). So those of you with sewing machines that are gathering dust...go dust them off and make some pants. :)
For those of you with smaller little people, I posted a couple of years ago about making pants out of old shirts. Click here to check those out.